This is a customer service role (phone & email). The person in this role supports printing and transaction processing. Tasks involve running print jobs; entering data for shipping and invoicing transactions; generating reports and loading UPC data to catalogs. All transactions will be EDI related, however prior EDI experience is not mandatory.
Candidates must have strong Excel experience, some database or programming exposure, and be detail oriented. You should be a self starter, willing to take on new projects as needed.
- Customer service.
- Prepare, run, and ship client print jobs (shipping labels, packing slips and other shipping documents).
- Support client requests for transaction processing (data entry & configuration of shipping, invoicing transactions).
- Assign new UPC codes and load to online catalogs.
- Execute reports to match sent transactions with appropriate acknowledgements.
- Maintain trading partner address tables in excel and SQL database.
- Monitor and respond to email requests and alerts.
- Answer phones.
- Highly proficient with Excel. This is VERY important. You must be able to use formulas to analyze large amounts of data. You will be asked to demonstrate this.
- Database/SQL or programming experience or training.
- Attention to detail. (This is VERY important)
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES COULD EXPAND TO INCLUDE:
- Support & maintain existing Excel & Word macros. Develop new macros as needed.
- Create new MS Access databases & reports.
- EDI trading partner setup.
- EDI data analysis and mapping.
- Customer service experience.
- Excel, programming, or other analytical experience.
- Previous EDI or shipping experience is a plus.
Our company provides technical services to the retail, fashion and wholesale industries. We pride ourselves on building strong business relationships with our customers, helping them deepen their relationships with the major retail players (Amazon.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bloomingdales, JC Penney, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstron, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sears, Stein Mart, Target, Walmart, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity.
Work Schedule: Full-time. 9-6 plus one late night per week (11-8).
Onsite only. No remote or telecommunting.